EuroELSO has created a working group (WG) about technology assessment and technology innovation focused on the Extracorporeal Life Support, from the respiratory ECMO till the E-CPR.
The WG is composed by 12 members, from different European Countries. These people are Intensivists, Cardiovascular Surgeons and Perfusionists, all of them with an high expertise in the ECMO/ECLS field. The membership and candidature are totally free and without any payment by sponsor industries. The WG is endorsed by EuroELSO and supported by some Industries with unrestricted grants only for logistics, meetings’ expenses or for publishing costs. The general purpose of the WG is to look deep inside in the actual technology for ECMO to provide results to the ECMO’s community, especially to the European ECMO specialists.
The principal aims of the WG are to analyse and create clear recommendations, experts’ position papers about technologies already available on the market, about new materials, techniques and devices that appear on overall health technology market concerning the extracorporeal life support.
Moreover the “Innovation WG” would like to prepare guidelines for using of new technologies (devices, cannulas, oxygenator, monitoring systems, etc..), to conduct benchmark studies or clinical researches about new devices and materials.
Obviously the “Innovation WG” cannot reach important results without the active involvement and participation of other colleagues from other European ECMO centres, for that reason the WG is glad and honoured to accept any suggestions for collaborations by others centres or ECMO specialists.
INNOVATION WG MEMBERS
- Thomas Mueller, Regensburg, Germany
- Maximilian Malfertheiner, Regensburg, Germany
- Mikael Broman, Stockholm, Sweden
- Roberto Lorusso, Maastricht, Netherlands
- Nicholas Barret, London, United Kingdom
- Leen Vercaemst, Leuven, Belgium
- Fabio Silvio Taccone, Brussels, Belgium
- Justyna Swol, Kronach, Bayern, Germany
- Jan Belohlavek, Prague, Czech Republic
- Matteo Di Nardo, Rome, Italy
- Federico Pappalardo, Milan, Italy